child support lien on pending settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisembl

my childrens father is behind 7,500 dollars in child support .child support enforcement put a lien on his settlement in turn his attorney offered child support enforcement 2000 to settle . I said no well childrens fathers new wife says if I DON'T SETTLE NO ONE WILL GET ANYTHING . How can that be after all his lawyer has been working on this case for a while has been to court couple of times and I'm sure that after all his work lawyer is not gonna just walk away this was a work accident .

Do not communicate with anyone but your attorney about this. If you don't have an attorney and are working with child support enforcement communicate only with them.

In essence, a counter-offer has been made. That's okay. It won't be accepted.

The child support lien will ensure that you get paid. Now, be advised, there are some types of funds that can not be levied against. It is possible that this is one of them.

If that is the case, you won't get paid anyway. If the decision were mine to make, I'd take my advice from child support enforcement or my attorney. I wouldn't be communicating with a deadbeat or the deadbeat's wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back