Child support laws in Ecuador

eve.dixey

Unbeknownst to my father he has a 40 year old daughter, we just found out she indeed is my father's kin. Her mother never claimed child support in Ecuador. Now she resides here in the States. Can this daughter claim child support 40 years later? In either country or State?

Unbeknownst to my father he has a 40 year old daughter, we just found out she indeed is my father's kin. Her mother never claimed child support in Ecuador. Now she resides here in the States. Can this daughter claim child support 40 years later? In either country or State?

LOL, anyone can claim or say anything that he or she can get to fall off their tongue, over their teeth, and spit right between their lips.

No need to worry about someone who claims she is your dad's kid at age 40 plus, without a DNA test, which, 22 years too late won't matter and can't be court ordered!

This ship may have sailed, but these days, the ship won't even float!!!

Stay away from these people, let a sleeping dog slumber, lest it start yapping, howling, and barking!!!

It's too late - way too late.

Children can not claim support from a parent in any case. Even if she were under 18, SHE could not file for support. Support is also only order on a prospective basis, meaning the earliest it would be ordered effective would be the date the paperwork was filed. One can't file when the kid is 10 and ask for a decade of back payment, only payments from the date filed going forward.

Back