Child Support in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATEDESCO

I moved to Colorado in April for a new job, my younger son turned 17 in May and he didnt want to move with me and leave his friends his father also did not want him to go. A week after i moved my ex filed for child support. I had a phone conference with domestics and my ex in June. My flew back to PA to bring my son back to Colorado with me for the summer which I paid for his airfare and sent him back last week which I paid for also. I was ordered to pay $202 a month even with my son there, at 1st they wanted $400 a month even with him there, but I argued that was not fair amount if I was payiing for his airfare to and from and supporting him when he was there. His dad was receiving the money and I have no idea what he was doing with it.

My support will be going up Sept 1st to $400 a month I know its not much but the cost of living is higher and I have my apartment, bills, car and carinsurance which does not leave me much at all for food for myself or necessities to survive so I came back to PA last week without a job here so now I am unemployed. I asked my ex if he can write a letter if he can keep it at the $202 but will not because when he left and we seperated for him to be with his girlfriend I was getting $1000 a month for myself, and 2 kids. I have been harrassed by his now wife he left me for by her sending me pictures of her and him...sexual pictures. Is there any way I can request to have it stay the same instead of going up on Sept 1st. My place of employment is willing to have me out on leave for another week until I straighten out or I need to stay in PA and hope to find another job.

Advice? stay in pa where I dont have a job or go back to Colorado and pay the child support and get away from the harrassment I have gone thru since my ex left me

Since you are the one that moved, you should be paying for airfare anyways. It was your choice to move. You are not going to like my answer but Dad is entitled to CS at what the state guidelines permit. You collected child support from Dad and now that he has the child, he gets to collect it. I really do not have much advice for you but to figure out if this new job is worth it, or for you to stay in PA. Problem is, Dad already has custody and you may not be able to get custody back anyways.

iI realize I should pay, We have had shared custody we did not do a modification of the custody, just of the cs, but because he will be with more days than me. Before I moved I was getting $35/wk which I thought was low, being my ex never chipped in for anything not even a doc appointment. If I stay here in PA I am without a job and they are hard to come by and then I would have 30 days to find employment before I go to jail for not paying the arrears that is due since I moved the end of April. And because if I quit voluntarily I am not eligible for unemployment and therefore i won't have any money coming in. It is not so much my ex but his wife that finds it necessary to make my life impossible and wish you kniew the harassement I have been through with her over the years since before we seperated/divorced.

My younger son went up his dads yesterday to help him with yard work and my ex said even if I am staying he can not come back and they are regestering him to start in a differ school district and school starts today. We have never did the modification for custoday so what right now do I have?

If the courts did not give Dad custody of the youngest then he technically cannot keep the child

Ok just spoke to an attorny she said because i left and moved away that we would have to go thru the custoday hearing even though we never modified the custody agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back