Child support from off the books income

Ineedmoney

Jurisdiction
New York
My child's father has his own illegal jewelry business with no proper business license he sales his goods mostly on social media his income is a minimum of $500 a day how I know this I have been collecting as much evidence as I can by taking screen shots of the prices of his jewelry in which he posts (I hope this is not considered stalking) and receipts of money gain from his business into his PayPal account and receipts from money gram and western union he post the reason why I take these screen shots is because I can't afford a attorney and I'm trying to gather as much information I can about his income to prove income for support. My child's father states on social media that he's rich he owns houses he has cars he also post many pictures of him holding huge amounts of cash stating money earned I'm talking about bricks of money. he does not love his baby and it's ok that he does not want to be active in his life but I need help this past year my baby had three major open heart surgerys and the bills and the child's needs are growing I'm kinda scared to take him to court because he's a man from the streets and once you push there buttons they want to find ways in taking revenge and I'm trying to be humble with him I'm trying to have a decent relationship with him as friends and he has no respect for me especially the fact that I'm taking care of his sick son in which he hates and stated that he wants the baby dead and hope the baby dies 2 weeks b4 heart surgery he's a terrible evil man I need help in New York my child is entitled to 17% $500* 365 days in a year equals to $182,500 which means we are entitled to $2,585 a month but I don't need all that money or be Greedy I just want him to pay at least $1000 a month to help that's all in need in fairness I'm so lost and don't know what to do I need help we are broke and I can't afford a good lawyer all I have is my screen shots of money and nasty text messages he sent me before what should I do and the most likely outcome?

Last edited:
If you are afraid to take him to court and you're afraid for your lives, then you need to find another way to support yourself and your child. There is no other way to get child support besides going to court unless he voluntarily pays you.

If you are afraid to take him to court and you're afraid for your lives, then you need to find another way to support yourself and your child. There is no other way to get child support besides going to court unless he voluntarily pays you.

The question is about establishing income

The question is about establishing income
Then take all of that other stuff out of your post so that the question is clear. But you do understand that establishing income doesn't do any good if you don't take him to court and you stated "but there is always the worry of retaliation because your trying to get money from a man from the streets I'm at a point I don't know what to do because I fear for our lives." That is the part I was responding to.

Aside from the obvious advice to mot have a child with someone like this, I am not sure what you want us to tell you. Screenshots of things he sells are not proof of income per se. I'm not sure how you know what he is or is not licensed to do.

Back