Child Support from a US Army Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissie

Hi everybody! I am new to this and I have an important question. The father of my Child is a Member of the US Army. And he didn't pay Child support in the last 5 years. He always telling me he will but I don't recieve any money from him.
He said he have to pay $ 7000 taxes for this child and I don't understand that. I'm not really into the american law. (I am german). I guess he's just trying to fool me. Or did he claim this child?? I think he can only do that if she's living in the States... :confused:
My question is : Where do I have to go to get the child support and what do I need to bring there.
thank you for your help!
Chrissie

I am not sure what he means either, he could be pulling your leg. He should not be claiming the child on his taxes since he does not have custody, nor does he pay support.

you need to file for child support. Do you know where he is stationed? I would do a google search Child Support US Army or US military and see what comes up. Since you 2 never married you might have to prove paternity first. I would do this ASAP while he is still in the military, so you do have some options of getting money from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back