Child Support Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandma_donna

I have had physical custody of my grandson since he was 7 years old. I gained legal guardianship of him a few months ago ( he will be 16 on Sept. 5 ) because dfcs took his little sister from their mother and they told me that "unless you file for guardianship immediately we will be looking at taking him as well". His father has been ordered to pay child support since he was an infant but has only paid it two or three times in his whole life in spite of the court order. Child Support Enforcement sends my daughter a statement every month telling her they have collected zero dollars from him. What a joke. What is the point in a court order and what kind of sham is Child Support Enforcement when they don't actually enforce anything? My question is, how can I go about getting this deadbeat to come up with support for his child? He is college educated and does work but I can't figure out how it is that the agency that is paid tax money to enforce the court ordered support hasn't managed to enforce it in all these years. Is there some way I can force Child Support Enforcement to do their job here and get some support help for this very bright young man? It would go a long way toward helping to get him into college and on his way to a productive adulthood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back