Child support & Childcare Provider Fees/Payments

C

cario246

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hello,
I am in the process of taking the mother of my two son's to court to establish my rights as a father and modify my child support. Last year to DOR ordered me to pay 49% of my income in child support. At the time I had my children three overnights a week, but they refused to take my time share into consideration. I don't not have a high income so I've been put in a really bad position. After the mother of my children became aware that my 3 overnights would reduce the amount significantly she only allows me to have the 2 nights a week. At our second mediation she informed us that her cost of child care for one of the children has increase significantly. Our another son is in elementary school so he doesn't go to daycare anymore. The mother works part time. She refused to agree to the guidelines amount for the reduction of support so now we have to go in front of a Judge. My current issue is that the daycare provider agreed to give me a letter stating how much is actually paid and when my other son actually does attend her center. Which is during school closings. She advised me that no increase has taken place. When I went to pick up the letter she advised me that she spoke to her attorney and he advised her not to get involved and said she wouldn't be providing me with anything regarding the amounts being paid to her. Is there anything legally I could do to force her to release these documents? They are crucial in my child support case once we receive a trial date. Thank you.

If she actually has an attorney you will probably be at a disadvantage without one. If she isn't cooperating then it is also something you may want to raise at mediation. I am not primarily a family law attorney and perhaps one can help you identify something that can compel disclosure but I have my doubts. A judge might not be amused if the wife and her attorney are not cooperative solely to put you in a bad position in court. Good luck.

Back