Child Services is holding my family hostage

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcslobster

Thirty days ago the Division of Child Protection & Permancy made me agree to a 10 day Safety plan that removed my husband from the home. They said if I didn't sign it they would take my children. They did all of this based on a police report that was false. A young, overzealous officer wrote that my husband struck me even after I repeatedly Stated that he had never hit me. This is the single piece of evidence they have against us. we don't drink or do drugs. Our children are well - behaved honor students, with the exception of our 3-year-old daughter who had seen her Daddy every day of her life until 30 days ago. Each of my children told the caseworker they had never been hit and don't live in fear, yet the DCPP insists my husband have supervised visits. We will not Yield. After 30 days, they finally contacted their litigation department to START a complaint. THIRTY days. Do I have to follow a safety plan if I refused to sign it? How do I get into court sooner? we are not afraid. We have nothing to hide.

You were not forced to agree to anything.
The safety plan is not a document with any legal force, it its just an agreement stating intentions. Your children will not be taken from you without a judge's order and that requires probable cause. You don't say anything here that suggests the kids are likely to be taken, but there its likely more to the story.
Live your life as you wish. Tell the social worker and police to go away. The more you talk to them the more information they have to use against you. You have no obligation to speak to anyone or answer any questions. You do not have to prove anything to them. If they believe the kids are in danger they have options available to them, which again include a judge's order.
As for the prior violence, just because you and the kids deny anything happened does not mean nothing ever happened. Apparently they have some information and want to investigate it. In my experience, more often than not the information proves false but it still must be investigated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back