child neglect charges for dad kid had gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

kak7

I have a 17 year old step-son who has been in trouble with the law for years. His mom abandoned him at 2, he has been with his dad since. We have had him in counseling since 7 years of age, school programs, at risk boys camps, psychciatrists, boot camp, etc. He was kicked out of 4 schools in a year and boot camp. He steals, uses drugs, and had a handgun. He was caught stealing and with drugs several times and given diversion which = no record. Finally, he is in jail for stealing a lap top. They were going to release him with probation. Then a loaded handgun was found. They have not brougth any possesion charges against him. We told the judge he can't come home because we have 4 other kids (young) at home who are in danger. He had been living with grandparents before based on dangerous, abusive behavior. They won't take him either as they are afraid. He is a criminal charged with a crime and a report has been filed about handgun possesion. The judge agreed with us about not sending him home, but probation doesn't want to pay to place him. A high up there went to a high up at CFS and now my husband may be brought up on an abandonment charge because CFS has agreed to place him (and agreed it is NOT an issue of abandonment and that our other kids are safe- but probation worked a deal). We are screwed and court is tomorrow at 8:30 am. Unless the judge stands his ground and sees that we have done all we can and now this is a legal matter- my husband will have an undeserved neglect charge on his record. Any ideas?? We are appalled and desperate. This would end up in my step-son hurting someone if he hadn't been put away. No one seems to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back