child neglect 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brako

My husband and I were shopping with our 3 kids my son of 2 1\2 fill asleep and my husband took the kids to the car , my 2 oldest girls where not wanting to stay in the car so my husband got them down and he went inside with the girls he kept going back and forth checking on our boy. A couple saw my boy inside the car and called the police my son was asleep still by the time the cops got to the car. The police talked to us and the couple that called and the police determined that 12 min. Was the longest wait period that my husband waited to check on our son. The police gave my husband a citation with child neglect 2 and said that the judge would decide if he wants to file charges or not. The police said that he was going to put down that the kids looked good, that they seemed to be healthy and clean the car was clean and that my husband has no criminal record and no record with DHS. The police gave my husband a citation but not me. What can happen or what can I expect? Do we need to hire a lawyer? Is my son going to be taken away?

A child that age should not be left in the car alone - even under 12 min. someone could have broken into the car & took the child. Agree, he should talk to a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back