Child custody prior to court orders...Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkbrown3

My husband in the matter of three weeks has emptied bank account, moved out and got an apartment, and has filed for divorce. I did not see any of this coming. He will not provide any financial help with the bills he left behind, including the mortgage which we are now a month and a week behind nor any support for his five year old daughter. He does, however, call to advise thirty minutes out he wants to visit with her. This has been on every Saturday or Sunday since he left. I have not refused him thus far, only for our daughter's sake. My problem is, when he left he also took the good car and left me the 7 year old junker. Well as my luck would have it, it broke down and I am now stranded with no car, no groceries, and three kids. I asked him if I could borrow the good car until payday (next Friday) which is when I could get the car fixed. He advised that I could not as he did not want me to "scree him out of a good car in the divorce" I asked if he could help me repair the junker and my answer was he doesn't have any money. Anyway, the question is, when we first separated I was trying to be cooperative for my daughter's sake. However, if he fears me taking the car, should I fear him taking my daughter. My attorney says visitation should be cooled until orders can be set. But it is my belief that it would look better in court if I were the more cooperative parent. Since my husband is showing his dark side, should I protect my daughter for fear of losing her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back