Child Custody-Mediation

T

tschloer

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I went through a divorce 2 years ago and have 50/5- custody of my children. I recently received a letter from an attorney saying he was retained by my ex-wife and would like to make changes to our custody agreement regarding parenting time and schedule. I called him and left a message and he didn't get back to me for 2 weeks, meanwhile a got a letter from the county saying we are scheduled for a motion hearing on 5/1/17. I finally heard back from the lawyer and he told me he did not have the papers with him to tell me specifics but he thinks we can handle through mediation and was to send me a list. prices and times and I could pick. I never got anything from him stating the issues we are looking at nor did I get a list from him of possible mediators. He then calls me again and says here is the sates and times that will work, pick one. I still have not received any details. Should I be lawyering up or will I still have that chance if I don't like what I am told at mediation????

I went through a divorce 2 years ago and have 50/5- custody of my children. I recently received a letter from an attorney saying he was retained by my ex-wife and would like to make changes to our custody agreement regarding parenting time and schedule. I called him and left a message and he didn't get back to me for 2 weeks, meanwhile a got a letter from the county saying we are scheduled for a motion hearing on 5/1/17. I finally heard back from the lawyer and he told me he did not have the papers with him to tell me specifics but he thinks we can handle through mediation and was to send me a list. prices and times and I could pick. I never got anything from him stating the issues we are looking at nor did I get a list from him of possible mediators. He then calls me again and says here is the sates and times that will work, pick one. I still have not received any details. Should I be lawyering up or will I still have that chance if I don't like what I am told at mediation????

The issues will be brought up at mediation. If she has a lawyer why not get one? I'd get a lawyer.

$$$ is why I haven't gotten one. I have 50/50 physical and legal custody and still have to pay child support because she is on county assistance. So I struggle to make ends meet. I am working on getting a lawyer through legal aid but its a time consuming, long process.

$$$ is why I haven't gotten one. I have 50/50 physical and legal custody and still have to pay child support because she is on county assistance. So I struggle to make ends meet. I am working on getting a lawyer through legal aid but its a time consuming, long process.

Okay. Well no one can speed up the process.

Back