Child Abduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagohope

HI;

I am going through divorce and we are separated for 12 months. We have a 32 months old daughter. Few months she took my daughter to India with my or the court. I have then filed complaint with police and department of state and International child abduction. Later she returned to US with my daughter 4 months back.

I would like to know if she could face criminal charges for child abduction ? If yes, what should be the line of action? My divorce attorney said there can't be any criminal charges against her as she returned the child back to US. Please comment.

Thanks!

HI;

I am going through divorce and we are separated for 12 months. We have a 32 months old daughter. Few months she took my daughter to India with my or the court. I have then filed complaint with police and department of state and International child abduction. Later she returned to US with my daughter 4 months back.

I would like to know if she could face criminal charges for child abduction ? If yes, what should be the line of action? My divorce attorney said there can't be any criminal charges against her as she returned the child back to US. Please comment.

Thanks!
Why don't you believe your attorney? He/she is correct. Unless there is a temporary custody order, then there is no reason for the court to approve your wife's vacation plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back