Check Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARIF

Hi:
I will appriciate if some one out there has an answer to my problem. I have a medical supplies business. I sold products to a pharmacy in Dallas Texas. I sent them product on COD where UPS collected the check from them. When I deposited the check after about 2 weeks time after check was issued (it took me 2 weeks to receive the check from UPS), bank refused the payment as this pharmacy made a stop payment, to the check. I have been chasing them since then. Everytime I called they told me they were busy they call me back, it is a long story etc.
What recourse do I have as I am pretty sure they intended to defraud me from the get go. Part of the reason I know they did is because they were rushing the order even were willing to pay extra and get a next day shipment, which I did send them.

Regards,
Arif

tell them in writing that you demand payment now or you will sue and/or turn it over to a collection agency which will notify the credit report bureaus. May be the idea that they might lose their credit standing will make them think twice. If this doesn't work, sue them. Or go to a collection agency.

NYClex sums everything up but you also might as well demand that payment include expenses incurred as a result of their wrongful actions. You may wish to mention the potential for prosecution for fraud, writing out a check that could not been or which they may not have intended to be honored.

Originally posted by ARIF
Hi:
I will appriciate if some one out there has an answer to my problem. I have a medical supplies business. I sold products to a pharmacy in Dallas Texas. I sent them product on COD where UPS collected the check from them. When I deposited the check after about 2 weeks time after check was issued (it took me 2 weeks to receive the check from UPS), bank refused the payment as this pharmacy made a stop payment, to the check. I have been chasing them since then. Everytime I called they told me they were busy they call me back, it is a long story etc.
What recourse do I have as I am pretty sure they intended to defraud me from the get go. Part of the reason I know they did is because they were rushing the order even were willing to pay extra and get a next day shipment, which I did send them.

Regards,
Arif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back