Charter Communications Assertion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabbo

My jurisdiction is: Georgia, USA

I do not know what else I can do to convince Charter Communications that they have made an error concerning a debt that they allege that I owe. Someone in their offices somewhere has made a clerical error and I, a once loyal customer, have received the blame.

I have told them repeatedly, via telephone and letter, that I have never had Internet Services from Charter Communications nor have I ever leased a cable modem from Charter Communications.
I have asked repeatedly, via letter, that Charter Communications provide me with all documents, bearing my signature, showing wherein I signed for Internet Service from Charter Communications and/or signed a lease for a cable modem from Charter Communications.
I have asked repeatedly, via telephone and letter, that Charter Communications send someone to my home to inspect the equipment and Internet service that I employ.

Charter Communications has done none of these things!

What has Charter Communications done? At the end of a telephone conversation with an agent of Charter Communications (resulting from a lengthy letter I sent Charter Communications on August 05, 2008 in response to a form letter sent me from Charter Communications on July 09, 2008), I was told that the agent would "get back with me" after some further investigation. I never heard from Charter Communications again.

Instead of hearing from Charter Communications, I received a letter written September 05, 2008, from Credit Protection Association, L. P., Post Office Box 809099,Dallas, Texas 75380-9099, a collection agency, seeking a $25.00 alleged debt from Charter Communications. I, according to the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, sent a letter to Credit Protection Association,
L.P. on September 13, 2009, stating the debt was fraudulent and that I had refuted the alleged debt with Charter Communications and sent a copy of my letter of August 05, 2008 sent to Charter Communications. To date, I have had no more communication with Credit Protection Association, L.P.

However, on October 09, 2008, I received a telephone call from NCO Financial Systems, Inc., 507 Prudential Road, Horsham, Pennsylvania 19044-2308 about an alleged debt I owed. I called the number left on my telephone answering device and received a recorded message instructing me to call another telephone number. This I did not do! Again, according to the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, on October 09, 2008, I sent NCO Financial Systems a certified letter, which was received and signed for on October 13, 2008, verifying my address and telephone number and directed NCO Financial Systems not to contact me any more about this alleged debt. To date, I have received recorded telephone messages from NCO Financial Systems on October 14, 2008, October 16, 2008, and October 17, 2008. This telephone harassment and violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act is the result of Charter Communications' unreasonable charges of a debt that Charter Communications alleges that I owe for equipment that I never had.

Again, Charter Communications has made a clerical error and is mistaken about my leasing a cable modem.

What legal recourse do I have in this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back