Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Charged with transporting marijuana

T

Trestle

Jurisdiction
New Hampshire
I was arrested for transporting drugs because one of my friends had weed in his bag that I didn't know about, can these charges be fought and if so how? Me and one of my friends were arrested at walmart for a crime we did not commit. I went to Walmart with 3 friends and ended up getting arrested for something 2 of my friends did but me and another friend did not. All of us ended up getting arrested and I was told that i would be arrested again if i contacted or saw any of the 3 friends before my court date. Can the police actually tell me I can't see my friends, legally?

I was arrested for transporting drugs because one of my friends had weed in his bag that I didn't know about, can these charges be fought and if so how?

The charges (which you can look up) likely require knowledge and intent. You can fight the charges by hiring yourself a lawyer.

Me and one of my friends were arrested at walmart for a crime we did not commit. I went to Walmart with 3 friends and ended up getting arrested for something 2 of my friends did but me and another friend did not. All of us ended up getting arrested and I was told that i would be arrested again if i contacted or saw any of the 3 friends before my court date. Can the police actually tell me I can't see my friends, legally?

Unless there is something in the law that mandates that you not contact your co-defendants, whatever the police told you has no force of law.

However, it's damned good advice that you have nothing more to do with your low life friends. You need to elevate your standards and make better choices in picking friends.

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.

Meantime, get yourself a good lawyer for the Walmart charges, too.

I was arrested for transporting drugs because one of my friends had weed in his bag that I didn't know about, can these charges be fought and if so how? Me and one of my friends were arrested at walmart for a crime we did not commit. I went to Walmart with 3 friends and ended up getting arrested for something 2 of my friends did but me and another friend did not. All of us ended up getting arrested and I was told that i would be arrested again if i contacted or saw any of the 3 friends before my court date. Can the police actually tell me I can't see my friends, legally?

What crimes were you charged with? That helps to start with.

The police can tell you anything they want but doesn't mean it's always true. Why would you want to stay friends with people who just get you in trouble anyway?

Get a lawyer. Or at least talk to one. Plead not guilty. Don't talk to the cops anymore and if you have a lawyer they can talk to your lawyer.

Back