Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Charged with one painkiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

servicefun

Hello,
My Wife got charged with Felony DRUGS-POSSESS CNTRL SUB WO PRESCRIPTION. She has a very Back pain, a friend of her gave her one painkiller.(Medium Strength) We could not afford to see a Doctor, he wanted money at front. Why the state charge her with a Felony for that? She plead not guilty, but she is still in Jail since 4 weeks, because we don't have the money for bond. It is also the first time. If the catch you with a joint it will be only Misdemeanor if it is under 20 grams. That's mean she never can work by a doctor what she was doing before. It is also wasting of tax money, there offered her to do programs for 8 month. I am from Germany, there only give you a ticket or take it and let you go. If you don't deal with it. There change the law to save tax money. It doesn't say on all drugs from pharmacy that you can't give to someone. Is it not there responsibility to print a warning on the drugs? box? Why the Person who gave her the pill don't get charged?

The person who gave it to her could potentially be charged, but they do not have to do so. It might be harder to prove who gave it to your wife then it is to prove that your wife was in possession of medication without a prescription.

When she is arraigned at court, she will be given the opportunity to speak with a court-appointed attorney. The attorney may be able to negotiate a plea deal to lower the charge or offer some form of diversion.

what's this?

Hi,

I mean the person who had given the pills, why is he not getting charged ?

Its not her fault why she pays for it.

Its you only who can take action against him.

Thanks

The OP does not know why the person providing the pill was not charged. Nor does it make one whit of difference to the wife's case. The OP cannot take action against the person providing the pill, only the state can.

Again, it is not relevant to the case against the OP's wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back