Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks charged with embezzelment

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulikelife

I recently was in court on a bad check case and found out that i was being charged with a felony embezzelement of 40,000.00 and unauthorized use of credit cards. they have changed my court rooms and switched me over to a felony judge. The charges are from an previous employer from 2 1/2 years ago. when i first left the job a detective had come to my house on a few occasions and asked me to go over a list of checks with him i cooperated fully. i was also informed dthat the d.a. office had kicked back thes charges already 3 times before because they felt there was no case. the detective on this case has went around town telling everyone that there was ever a check wriiten to that i was going to go to prison for a long time. can he do that? also while working for this company i had power of attorney over all my employers business and personal dealings as well. what am i to expect and will i be arrested at my arraignment hearing and go to jail until this is all resolved? please let me know what i am to expect when i go to court next week?
thank you
desperate to know what to expect

falsley accused cant go to jail please advise

My former employer of 3 years ago has filed criminal charges against me knowing that the allegations are false. He knows that I am a 4 time felon from 1990. And the d.a. has filed theses felony charges PC487(A) PC484G(A)
PC530.5(A) PC470(D)PC470(D) PC484E(C)PC484E(C). I knew that he had tried to file charges right after I left but the d.a. had kicked it back stating that there was not any proof 3 times. I am currently on informal probation and am flipping out because i don't want to get violated either for this. I have went to court twice and still have not been informed of the charges the public defenders office could not represent me because of conflicts of interest so friday at court they brought in another attorney to represent me and he put it over for 2 weeks and was unsure if his office could represent me. No one has told me what i am up against or anything in the discovery I am supposed to wait and see if I have representation and my next court date. What can i do if anything to prove my innocense or keep myself from being arrested.Please would someone get back to me and shed some light on my situation before I go back to court. I am a single mom of 3 boys and don't want to loose my kids to the state for something I didn't do. I work fulltime and get no assistance from the state or childsupport and have no other family to take my kids. I would like to get things in order just in case. thank you in advance for any insight that you may have.

falsley accused cant go to jail please advise

I am sorry to be redundant, but I have posted my situation over a week ago on 8-2-08 asking for some advise on the 5 felonies I am being charged with I go back to cour on the 13th of august and am really getting scared would someone please help me out on the information I had previosly asked for. I really don't want to wait to the last minute on such a serious matter to find out what may happen for once in my life I am trying to be prepared and it's not happening please someone advise me of what iI may or may not be looking at and what I may or may not be able to do to keep from going to jail.
Thank you in advance for anything you may be able to help me with.

You need to hire a lawyer immediately.

If you cannot afford to hire your own lawyer, ask the judge to have us taxpayers pay for your lawyer.

There is really no advice that anyone here can give you, we can give advice in small matters but this is going to require a major legal professional.

Thank You for your response, I do appreciate it. One more thing I would like to ask I went to court and the public defenders office could not represent me conflict of interest so the court called for another attorney to represent me. after I introduced myself this attorney didn't say hello he just said your going to prison and I had replied that I didn't do anything wrong and have my proof right here. His reply to me was that he was not about to stand there in the hall and go over every page one by one he was putting this over for 1 month and that I better be able to convince the court about the relationship my employer and I had. I asked if I may get a copy of the discovery so I could make sure that I had everything I needed to prove my innocence. He told me that I could do that on my own dime and he would have it left at the front desk and i was to copy it and return it the same day. My question is this would you want this person to represent you. I feel he has already found me guilty and would not repesent me to the best of his ability or maybe he will and he was just having on off day. I don't know what to do i don't want to piss the courts off anymore than I have

Ask for a change of representation. You can be granted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back