Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Charged with DUI while on Probation in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

regina0827

If a person were on probation for 4 years for accepting a plea bargain and got a DUI while on probation. How much jail time would they be looking at? The original charges were 3 counts of reckless endangerment and a slew of lesser charges. The individual served less than a year of his probation before being charged with his new charge. He refused the sobriety test and was driving on a suspended license. Also, this is his 3rd DUI (but the first one was a little over 10 years ago)

The person who I'm talking about is my ex (we divorced 10 years ago) but we have two children together. He's not very involved in my children's life but they do love him. I'd like to know what he's looking at in order to prepare my children for the worst.

This really varies by State. I'm familiar with Michigan. In Michigan, under current law, a third defense of DUI is a maximum of 5 years in prison. However, where I live people usually get about 90 days jail, but a lot of community service, and time in rehab.

Commiting a crime on probation pisses off Judges more than about anything. Some seem to take it personally. He is looking at being given the MAXIMUM on the charge he plead guilty to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back