charged for services no received

Status
Not open for further replies.

diannam66

I set up and disconnected internet service with AT&T well over a years ago. They informed me there would be no charges owed. I kept receinving bills and I would call into customer service and they would tell meto direguard the bills and the situation was taken care of. Now they have turned the cahrge over to collections. I contacted them today again and I was transfered from person to person and then hung up on and the situation is clearly still not resolved. Wondering what I should do at this point.

I set up and disconnected internet service with AT&T well over a years ago. They informed me there would be no charges owed. I kept receinving bills and I would call into customer service and they would tell meto direguard the bills and the situation was taken care of. Now they have turned the cahrge over to collections. I contacted them today again and I was transfered from person to person and then hung up on and the situation is clearly still not resolved. Wondering what I should do at this point.

Take all your documentation into an AT&T location, ask to speak with a manager.

Reveal your problem, seek a solution, get it in writing.

I wouldn't be surprised if you do owe for cutting a contract short.
While you are waiting for it to be resolved get a copy of your credit report to see if it shows a delinquency. If so, dispute the delinquent account and do what you can to keep it off the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back