Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Charged for picking up a package

S

Spyros pagonis

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I got a call to pick up package from friends house. Cops rolled in and arrested me as soon as I grabbed package. There were drugs in package I didn't know about. Being charged with possession with intent.

I got a call to pick up package from friends house. Cops rolled in and arrested me as soon as I grabbed package. There were drugs in package I didn't know about. Being charged with possession with intent.

All you can do now is appear in court when and where directed.
You plead NOT guilty and ask the court if you can qualify for a public defender.
If can afford to pay for your attorney, you hire that attorney before you appear in court.
From this point forward, you avail yourself of your right to remain silent.
The police might offer you a deal, in order for them to get the bigger fish.
If that happens, you say, "I must talk to my attorney before doing or saying anything more."

Only the prosecutor or the district attorney can make you a legal deal.
Don't let the cops know you now know that fact.
Do be polite, courteous and civil.
Don't try to explain anything.
You won't be believed, and you'll make things tougher for your defense attorney.

Don't try to fix this, or rush this, as that will only make it tougher.
Do behave yourself, because you are probably being watched, maybe your calls are being LEGALLY monitored, as well as your associations.

The last thing I have to say, this was NO accident, mate.

Be willing and able to rat out your friends in exchange for immunity, but only upon the advice of your attorney.

You need a criminal defense attorney. This is not something you can handle yourself.

Just a thought and I don't know the facts so take it for what it's worth. A friend calls you up and random to pick up a package which you take without any understanding why it is being given to you? I doubt anyone will believe you that you had no idea of the contents. And willful ignorance is still chargeable, e.g. you are given $2,000 to simply drive a car over the border between the U.S. and Mexico but not actually knowing there are drugs in the glove compartment. You really should consider retaining a criminal attorney at your earliest convenience, especially if it is a sizable amount of illegal drugs.

Congratulations. Do you have a question? I don't see one posted.

Back