Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft charge pettit theft with my mother and me..help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a question this is my first time with police arrested my first time being caught with evidence for my mother... i have no intention to steal that few dollar stuff but however i am being charged 1 time or 2nd ? and same for my stupidness of my mother behavour, is this count my first charge or second charges?

this is my first court and first time i need to see the judge.

i guess is first charge to me and my mother

If I had to guess, unless you were booked or issued a citation, this report is being forwarded to the prosecutor for charges. No matter the circumstance it is the STATE that files charges, not the store. Store personnel make a report to the police and the police forward the matter to the prosecutor who will make the final determination.

As for your attorney, I hope he is communicating with the prosecutor and not the judge. Sending a letter to the judge would be rather pointless at this point, and the judge cannot just drop charges for no reason. It sounds to me like there is ample probable cause to believe a crime was committed.

So, at this point, stop talking to other people about it and listen to your attorney.

cdwjava said:
If I had to guess, unless you were booked or issued a citation, this report is being forwarded to the prosecutor for charges. No matter the circumstance it is the STATE that files charges, not the store. Store personnel make a report to the police and the police forward the matter to the prosecutor who will make the final determination.

As for your attorney, I hope he is communicating with the prosecutor and not the judge. Sending a letter to the judge would be rather pointless at this point, and the judge cannot just drop charges for no reason. It sounds to me like there is ample probable cause to believe a crime was committed.

So, at this point, stop talking to other people about it and listen to your attorney.

i am not familiar with the law in here. the lawyer i found i just met, i want to learn more about it and ask more question to drop the charges will not affect my records.

As you were told the Judge does not drop charges. You might belookinbg at diversion as that will protect your record. by the way what is your immigration status? I presume your not a ctiizen. I could be wrong

Admin said:
As you were told the Judge does not drop charges. You might belookinbg at diversion as that will protect your record. by the way what is your immigration status? I presume your not a ctiizen. I could be wrong

not a citizen just that i had brought a property here there is a chance i need to fly back and forth that why the police need to do step? i assumed the reason the office did the paper work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back