Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft charge pettit theft with my mother and me..help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeeettt

here my question is
while we were in the shop with the office.

The investigating officer didn't listen to us. He ignored us. he just asked in few month ago iin this photo if it was us? i response yes i do shop in this shop few month ago..but was just visiting on the way to here to buy few things..2nd police told us the shop mention this is not the first time we switch tag. there was a mistaken because last time someone actually place a tag on this chair and WE (me and my mother ) saw it very cheap that's why we went straight to the cashier to check out and we got stopped there and being told that it was not this label.... my question was " how am i suppose to know" but anyhow i believed this mistake made more diffcult to explain this time because my mother did removed the sticker and stick it on to another item which is another clearance item. AND was recorded on camera. NOW the item(evidence) is hold on the orbit witness. my mother didn't intention to do so becuase the item was unnesessary to her ($3.99) carpet. Before we got caugth i brought everything and been here for an hour, i just want to get out of this place as soon as possilble becuase the staff already pissed me off for not telling me the price for other items in the shop that i am looking to purchase. we waited for a least an hour. we were there and somepeople saw US was waiting we actually have a witness TOO that we both waited really long and didn't do anything for clearance section to come out.

the person who caught my mother stick the sticker on another item made my mother felt terrible for her now because she just "too much hand" and i was trying to process to the cashier to find out the acutal price TOO. when i process THE cashier. the lady asked if i got the item from the clearance section i said" yes" and asked" if this is the price" i response "i think so". i was busy also figure out if i am being over charged on the items i just brought which is $120

Anyhow what's done had done my mother did it and while i was with the shop supervisor/manger i required an alternative from the shop before she made a called to the police... the shop just state that we will banned you from coming to our shop forever, but also will made call to the police.. because there is no alternative for us.... ??? no clue what's that mean. but anyhow we waited for the police to come.

the shop just mention we will be banned with a charge or no charge? OR i am being charge by the police? caused the shop told us we will just trespass you and your mother from today on in this shop forever.

below i do not understand this statement

the continuation of state that at the request of witness ortiz both were issued trespass warnings and places under arrest for petiti/retail theft and taken to BRC for processing.

the shop will retian all recovered merchandise. Photos of the theft will be proviede at a later date. also a written statement in reference to the above incident.

here is my story

me and my mother went to a furniture shop. we were not able to reach the staff for help to judge the price which is located in the clearnace section and she took off the tag and put on an item that do not carry a pricetag on the item(A) but was around the clearance section. while my mother claim herself that the tag was same item meaning same price. But was NOT

FOR ME i was also arrested because i was the one who purchase the item out the door. this is what happen to me, stupidly, i should have make sure the price tag for the item A and saw a .25 and didn't notice the item(A) was actually cost $3.99. without notice i went straight to the cashier after paid is done and about to leave the shop i was stopped by the witness.

ME being invloved in this incident because i did the paying meaning i was also convited to steal this item out.

the shop said it is not the first time we done something like this....
last time we got stopped becuase we shop for a chair was with a different price label without notice the price correct or not we just grab and went straight to the cashier. but at that time we didn't know we have to varifly the price. because stupidly and ran straight to the cashier we being stopped..**i assumed this is the warnning the SHOP gave US**.. I think it was was the shop mistake since is the cahsier job to verifly the items with correct price tag. how am i suppose to know the tag was changed. i was just the person who is paying.

Now i guess and assumed this was our second chance that the shop gave us and warned that we are not allow to shop in here anymore. BUT the shop still called the police. so my mother is basically caught switching the tag and i just paying for the items..who involved. i brought few hundreds dollar items from their shop with real price tag on it ... also being charge for pettit theft

however what has done had done... for cents .25 and $3.99

the other item i purchase with the real price tag was about $120 which is still left in the shop.

Ok your post jumps all over the place. I would love to try to help you but I need to understand what happened. Can you put things in order so it can be understood?

Ignoring your first paragraph I read last which covers price tag switch. The value of theft is less than 5 dollars. Even with store filing charges I dont see Da taking such a case unless store can show this is an ongoing issue with one or both of you. If that is case its possible to charge you both with felonies. If you both have court dates for theft I suggest you start calling Lawyers. Based on your version alone it seems you have a case to argue. Much will depend on what any CCTV footage reveals

on the paper it show Misdemeanor for both of us

i contacted my lawyer.

my lawyer said he will write a letter to the judge to see if he/she can drop the charges, i assume he want me to plead guilty and since is the first time we got caught.

for me i am always around my mother i have no clue if she did or not BEFORE. SO for now i assumed she did that's why WE are being charged

the police wrote on the charges shown the date of this happen. JUST this time being caught on camera while with me.

WE are also a visitor who just brought a secondary(vacation) home in here. WE are not a citizen here. 'The officer said he need to charge us. HE made it sound like if you are not a resident then things can be different

this is the police note:

in the listed date and time D-1 and her mother D-B enter the SHOP department store with the intent to switch price tags on merchandise in an attempt to pay a lower price for the merchandise.

On. septeber X, XXXX at appromizmately XXX hours, the defendant and the co-defendant was observed on survallience camera in the bath area looking at merchansie by witness oritz.

at one point D-1 removed a price tag from a hand towel($0.25) and placed it onto a rug ($3.99) D-1 then handed the rug to her daughter D-B who placed in the shopping cart.

no my mother did not handed the towel to me even she did i drop it back down caused we didnt need it . LATER i went back and grab the towel to see if it that price while the cashier processing THE CASHIER ASKED if i got it from the clearance section i answered "yes" caused my mother founded there ididn't say it out loud but i did told her i found it at the clearance section.

DB then proccedded to the register and purchased the balck the rough for $.25 instead of the orginal price of $3.99

NOT TRUE CASUED I DID ASKED! and response "i think SO"

D1 then passed all open register and exited the store via the front doors. AT this time she confronted by witness 123 himself as aloss prevention office and esorted both women back to the LPO office at which time the merchandise was recovered.

FAULT later my conviction was made we were talking what happen and the so called witness said saw my mother took off the tag and switch it to anther one BUT defendat because it aslo in the clearance section. WHILE I AM NON STOP REQURING TRANSLATOR b/c my mother do not speak english at all

At the request of witness 123 both women were issued trespass warning and placed under arrest for petit/retail taken to BRC for processing

THE SHOP will retian all recovered merchandise. Photos of the theft will be provided at a later date

witness 123 provided a written statement in reference to the above incident.

is this how the officer write their report? without questioning us? me and my mother

i want to know am i being charge by the police ??? or is jsut a processure that the police do???

caused the shop just verbally told me, we BOTH just going to trespass warning , i assume the meaning is (trespass warning) forever both of you cannot shop at this store again.

the arrested is being made by who now? this is my confusion? why i cannot speak?? and why am i being arrested also because i am with my mother?

I defendant myself because i did not know my mother switch the tag... if she did is it a big a deal? since is located at the clearance section i do not think is customer responsbilies to keep track the price tag.

i assume while i doubt it too they have evidence showing my mother did it several times? while i am with her....

better off plead guilty? what's done is done? am i correct?

sorry about my english and grammar... not a good typer or writer... that's why i requested a translator to explain myself but the police refused

Admin said:
You take the advice of your Lawyer he is in best position to give that advice

only thing is ...i do not know my lawyer or any lawyer around here .. since we both just got here couple of days. i am going to see him tomrrow. i need to see how he is going to write this letter and the consequences.

anyhow i starting to dislike this town BEFORE i was trying to find the beauty of this place but because of the arrest... made me found out the truth about this town was while i got arrested, the people i met in the jail told&mention to me ,our culture was disliked in here (racism of my kinds).... this completely suprised me.

or i just hope because of the economy recovery causing this place corrupting...

Admin said:
If you have a court date you were charged

by the police? or the shop?? OR BOTH?

but when WE were in the jail WE didn't see the pre trial....?WE just paid the bond and got released, i saw other people who had convicted were being charged and spoken to the pre trial telling them their charges are and got themself a court date. The pre-trial show them their list of charges and told them these are your charges and since is your first time you are released... to you need to be on probation and this is what you need to get done. at the court just plead guilty...

i do not know my charges on the court date it states counts of 812.014(3)(A)-3 Petit THEFT (RETAIL)

Then yes you have been charged and you and your Attorney need to dicuss how your going to plead and if a dealis on the table. What I dont understand is why you were taken to jail. Normally your cited and released at store

The store is/was protecting their merchandise and profit it has nothing to do with racsim. Had your Mother not switched tags (as it appears she may have done in past) you would not be in this sitaution

Admin said:
Then yes you have been charged and you and your Attorney need to dicuss how your going to plead and if a dealis on the table. What I dont understand is why you were taken to jail. Normally your cited and released at store

that why i mention ...the people i met in the jail told me " they are racist of your kind..they do not like people of your rise"

that why i said no wonder we were being treated like this... we have no weapon... or anythign to harm anyone in the shop, we cooperate with them.

but the paper work must done in the jail ? i assumed? caused that police man cannot write/type there were spelling error on his note.....hmm IT took like 1 and a half to write up several sentence...

Admin said:
The store is/was protecting their merchandise and profit it has nothing to do with racsim. Had your Mother not switched tags (as it appears she may have done in past) you would not be in this sitaution

NO the police... i spoken to other officer they are more nicer compare this one who don't even bother talking to us...

You don't understand they are not required to talk to you. You yourself said there was a translation problem. Besides store (not Police) filed a complaint Police had to follow up.

Admin said:
You don't understand they are not required to talk to you. You yourself said there was a translation problem. Besides store (not Police) filed a complaint Police had to follow up.

i understand but still we should have the right to speak? he jsut ask several question he didn't allowed me to explain.. and yes i do have translation problem (communication problem)

this is count as first charge for me and my mother ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back