Personal Bankruptcy Chapter 13 - Disposable Income - Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapjr37

I am in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. I have several questions: 1) I was told that I have no disposable income and yet, I was told that I have to pay delinquent property taxes for 2011 of $4000 plus $4000 for 2012 taxes and $3000 for Homeowners Insurance all by the end of November 2012, outside of my bankruptcy payments. My question is: How do I pay this amount of money when I have no disposable income?

2) My husband and I are getting divorced. My husband is willing to pay the entire amount for the bankruptcy or give me the money to pay my half - whatever is needed. How does divorce affect my bankruptcy and can we get divorced during bankruptcy?

I am in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. I have several questions: 1) I was told that I have no disposable income and yet, I was told that I have to pay delinquent property taxes for 2011 of $4000 plus $4000 for 2012 taxes and $3000 for Homeowners Insurance all by the end of November 2012, outside of my bankruptcy payments. My question is: How do I pay this amount of money when I have no disposable income?

2) My husband and I are getting divorced. My husband is willing to pay the entire amount for the bankruptcy or give me the money to pay my half - whatever is needed. How does divorce affect my bankruptcy and can we get divorced during bankruptcy?

This is far too complicated (and personal) for us to provide you with a useful answer.

I suggest you discuss this with your BK attorney and your divorce attorney.

If you make a mistake here, it could be very costly.

You need your own attorney, also.

So, whatever you do, do not rely on your soon to be former husband's attorney, unless you want to assist in your own fleecing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back