Parole, Probation changing you address

mommabear777

my son is in California and on Probation. He has moved to a different county and his PO still is keeping him in the old county. Claims that the show of address change in personal letters and Amazon items sent to him are not enough proof and claims he needs a bill. But he is renting a room and doesn't have any bills in his name (electric, cable etc..) I pay for his cell phone on my plan so that is at my address as well. He didn't want to change his address with the Post Office because there are some other past debts that he didn't want him to know his location.
Does he have to change his address with the Post Office to be the only way to get a transfer? Or show a bill in his name?
Thx

He can either abide by the rules set out by his Probation Officer, or, he can risk being returned to jail. He should ask what other evidence might be sufficient to prove his residency in that new location. Maybe a cancelled check for the rent?

And if he is dodging bill collectors, then he already has a host of problems. I suspect that if he is successfully hiding sort of off the grid that he also has no job? If he has a job, those creditors will probably be able to track him down eventually so he might as well forward his mail. If he has no job, then I have to ask: How long are you going to support him?

Back