Change of Venue/Child Custody

chumchum

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
My question is actually short. I have to have my custody order modified and it must be moved from one county to another. I am getting an attorney to help me. How much does this usually cost? I want to be prepared.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rebecca

Last edited:
Depends on your attorney and how long it takes. So, when interviewing attorneys, ask.

Thanks, I will. I guess I didnt phrase my question correctly. I was trying to get an idea of what I should expect.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

How much does this usually cost?

There's no way to answer this question in the abstract. Lawyers' fees vary greatly from place to place, and how much it will cost to modify a custody order depends on what issues are involved and the extent to which the parties fight over it.

We understand the question.

There are too many variables for us to give you anything even remotely like an informed answer. For example, lawyers fees can vary from place to place. The same action might cost something entirely different between NYC and Ames, Iowa. To the best of my knowledge we have no one here in North Carolina and even if we did, the answer is not necessarily the same in Fayetteville as it is in Ashville or Charlotte.

Thanks guys. I guess I am working on fumes from lack of sleep and anxiety. I will find out tuesday at my consultation and hope for the best.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Back