Change of Employment Contract to modify salary ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaugh

I recently got a new job in Florida, and verbally accepted the salary amount as outlined in the offer letter. I then learned that the benefits would cost me over 60% more from my prior job. I asked for a $2,500 increase in the salary to cover these additional costs. They offered $1,250, of which I accepted. On my first day of employment, as I was signing the employment contract, the salary was listed with the full $2,500 increase and not the $1,250 increase. I said nothing, and signed the contract. A Partner of the Firm also signed the contract as a witness.

I have been employed for two weeks, and now they have recognized their mistake and want to modify the contract to the original amount with just the $1,250 increase and not the full $2,500 increase.

I have not yet received a copy of my signed original contract.

Even though my employer madea mistake on my employment contract, can they legally modify my salary, even after both parties have signed the original contract ??

Of course they can. Who's the dishonest one here; the employer who is holding to what was agreed to, or the employee who noticed but neglected to point out an error in his favor on the agreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back