Chances of winning child custody case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlr068

What are the chances of Winning a child custody

Can a court order be reversed if the child has not been living with the mother for the past 6 months And she she has the majority of the custody? Can the father gain the majority of the custody rights? What are the rights of a parent in the state of Texas?

Last edited by a moderator:
The child has been living with the paternal grandmother and grandfather for the past 6 years. The mother lives in a different city (about 1hour away) than the child.

Because she is not my child for one, I've been told that as her aunt I cannot do anything and the chances of the grandparents winning are minimum

Would you be able to tell me what would be the reasons for a parent to loose the majority of custody in the state of Texas

What is considered neglect? Does abandonment fall under that category?

The child hasn't been abandoned.
The child is safe, and you have no idea what goes on there.

If the child is in danger, call the police.

The police know what to do.

Otherwise, leave them all alone.
You bring nothing to their party.
If the child is safe, secure, happy, and loved; why upset the little darling's world?
Walk away, don't interfere, leave the child and the dear older people alone!
The dear grandparents are doing wonderful work parenting the lovely little darling for more than half a decade already.
Think of them, they don't need you. Don't be selfish.

Last edited:
Army judge, first of all don't talk like you know all the facts! No she's not in danger but you don't know the circumstances she's in, before giving an opinion investigate a little further. Btw there's no need to talk in exclamation marks, I'm not stupid. If your not a lawyer don't give an opinion!

Army judge, first of all don't talk like you know all the facts! No she's not in danger but you don't know the circumstances she's in, before giving an opinion investigate a little further. Btw there's no need to talk in exclamation marks, I'm not stupid. If your not a lawyer don't give an opinion!

I'm a lawyer. I don't need YOUR version of the FACTS!

We don't provide opinions.
We discuss issues and offer suggestions.
There are many great lawyers in ALL of Texas' counties, including the one in which I reside.
Meet with them if you desire a legal opinion.
That's the ONLY way you'll get one, as no one licensed to practice law does so via the Internet.
Please follow our SIMPLE rules! This is your FIRST and LAST warning!!!

Last edited:
Shrink master don't worry about why the father is not asking, isn't it suffice that I'm asking, you and army judge are a joke, your probably googling answers to post on here and make it sound like its advice. So done with this website!

I'll try to dial this one back a little. Passions can get high, especially with issues of law.

These custody issues are very fact specific. What if the mother works an hour away and the child stays and lives at the grandparents, which she visits very often and stays on weekends? In family court, the "best interests of the child" standard is used. And unless you can show that the child is not being cared for properly and the best interests of the child would be to give custody to the father (and potentially remove the child from school and classmates of six years), you're probably not going to have a winning case in any state.

The question about why are you doing something after six years is another valid one. How are you going to say that the child is better off elsewhere if you stood watching for six years and said nothing?

Perhaps this makes things clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back