Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Caught stealing from job

Catlover2012

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Hello I was recently called in the back of my job by lp & a guy head of cooperation on the phone said that if I admit to everything they will not get the cops involved or no law only remaining inside the company they go on to say they have had hidden cameras & know I have been doing false cash returns & letting ppl get away with merchandize I didn't agree to everything they was saying but admitted to the things I have done . I was asked to sign a paper demanding payments back to the company & said I will be contacted for payments or a payment plan and have to give to around 1,000 . I begged not to have police involved because I have no record only 21 . in the back room was only me and the lp . I then was sent home and suspended from work . I'm so scared will this appear on my record ? Will I have to go to court ? I will pay anything back just for it not to be on my record

The time to worry about it being on your record was before you stole. Afterwards it's too late - it is now no longer in your hands.

Do you have reason to believe they were lying to you when they said it would be kept internal?

The time to worry about it being on your record was before you stole. Afterwards it's too late - it is now no longer in your hands.

Do you have reason to believe they were lying to you when they said it would be kept internal?

The guy was really nice and asked if I cooperated they will not call the police or take further actions . I'm so scared I never had anything on my record before I was so dumb . I recently received a email from the company saying they have came to an agreement to pay the money back . & to contact them for payments or payment plans . what should I do . do this still mean I can be taken to court or put on my record, files, anything

The guy was really nice and asked if I cooperated they will not call the police or take further actions . I'm so scared I never had anything on my record before I was so dumb . I recently received a email from the company saying they have came to an agreement to pay the money back . & to contact them for payments or payment plans . what should I do . do this still mean I can be taken to court or put on my record, files, anything

Watch this:

Do as instructed in the video from this point forward.

Thank you will watch . its going on 5 days no call from police or sign or court . even if they do I will not answer

This stuff takes time, whatever way it goes.
Be careful.
Apply for unemployment, tell the truth, you were fired for allegedly stealing.
The state will investigate and decide if you receive UI or not.

This stuff takes time, whatever way it goes.
Be careful.
Apply for unemployment, tell the truth, you were fired for allegedly stealing.
The state will investigate and decide if you receive UI or not.

Do you think I will get unemployment
? I already signed the letter smh they will try to use that as proof but I wrote down everything I done ....

Do you think I will get unemployment
? I already signed the letter smh they will try to use that as proof but I wrote down everything I done ....

The same thing happen to my bf but he says they be never had actual proof he tried getting unemployment for months and no luck he kept getting denied

Since you were suspended, you most likely will be terminated. It never hurts to apply for UI - the most they can do is say no.

The same thing happen to my bf but he says they be never had actual proof he tried getting unemployment for months and no luck he kept getting denied

If your employer doesn't fight it, maybe.

As Miss Betty said, it won't cost you anything to try.

Many times people get lucky.

Maybe you will, too. :)

Welp I applied for UI I feel like I may not get it because they have a written confession

Don't let that get you down.
You didn't kill anyone.
You appear to have remorse.
I think you've learned a valuable lesson.
Just hang in there, keep plugging away (like we all do), and when you have kids make sure you teach them never to BREAK any of THEIR laws.

Don't let that get you down.
You didn't kill anyone.
You appear to have remorse.
I think you've learned a valuable lesson.
Just hang in there, keep plugging away (like we all do), and when you have kids make sure you teach them never to BREAK any of THEIR laws.

Thank you so much i wish I would've read this stuff before I wrote the confession cause a lot of ppl are saying never write the confession cause they will use it against you I said i never took merchandise for myself but I did give discounts or let someone I know get something for free once I was done ringing them up just place it in the bag as if they paid . but at that point they told me if I don't cooperate or be honest they would call the cops so that's when I begin smh

Thank you so much i wish I would've read this stuff before I wrote the confession cause a lot of ppl are saying never write the confession cause they will use it against you I said i never took merchandise for myself but I did give discounts or let someone I know get something for free once I was done ringing them up just place it in the bag as if they paid . but at that point they told me if I don't cooperate or be honest they would call the cops so that's when I begin smh

Also they said they have hidden cameras . I didn't even tell my mom yet she will be upset but I just been applying for jobs ever since this happen

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Depending on level of crime they have one year to file criminal complaint. Expect to be fired! You can file for unemployment but if you say you were fired for theft you will likely be denied. Make no admissions to your employer or Police if contacted by Police answer no questions without an Attorney. If no Police have been involved repay your employer this will help prevent them from filing since they will have nothing to gain by filing if you repay them. Do not post details of event or store name anywhere online, in print, text etc.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Depending on level of crime they have one year to file criminal complaint. Expect to be fired! You can file for unemployment but if you say you were fired for theft you will likely be denied. Make no admissions to your employer or Police if contacted by Police answer no questions without an Attorney. If no Police have been involved repay your employer this will help prevent

them from filing since they will have nothing to gain by filing if you repay them. Do not post details of event or store name anywhere online, in print, text etc.

Okay . I currently don't have 1,000 to pay back in full write now I planned to pay them back monthly or to sat up a payment plan . i told them im willing to pay anything to avoid police / charges .. I really have no money now especially now since I don't technically have a job .

If they do have it on camera, it really doesn't matter if you admitted to it or not. Even if they didn't, you could legally be fired because they had reason to believe you did these things. They do not have to prove it. Cooperating at least gives you a chance at being reinstated. Refusing to cooperate is a sure fire way to get fired.

If they do have it on camera, it really doesn't matter if you admitted to it or not. Even if they didn't, you could legally be fired because they had reason to believe you did these things. They do not have to prove it. Cooperating at least gives you a chance at being reinstated. Refusing to cooperate is a sure fire way to get fired.

I know that's why I confessed . plus I didn't want to make matters worse

Back