Caught shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quitit123

So today I got caught stealing a skirt. They took my Info and made me sign a paper saying that I've acknowledged my action and that I can't come to the store for three years. They also issued me a civil demand notice. What will happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
So today I got caught stealing a skirt. They took my Info and made me sign a paper saying that I've acknowledged my action and that I can't come to the store for three years. They also issued me a civil demand notice. What will happen?

Stay out of the store, don't ever return.

Pay the amount they demand in the letter.
The letter will arrive in 2 to 3 weeks, so be patient and wait.
You pay the demand, they'll usually just go away.
That ends it.

Agree that if you pay the civil demand, the store will generally not pursue further. It's possible though that you "might" end up on a theft database if it was a retail store & the store is a member of a theft retail database.

PS -I don't know how old you are but minors generally aren't reported to a retail theft database.

Last edited:
I know the large National Retail Theft Data Base (& some others) you have to be 18 or older to be reported. (or not suppose to report it anyway)

Incorrect stores that use these database generally do not exclude minors from database.

I wasn't sure what you meant by incorrect stores except maybe stores that incorrectly report when shouldn't.

Larger retail stores won't post a picture of the juvenile to a database but their personal information will be such as name, address, date of birth, etc. Normally that information is kept within the individual retailer and not shared outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back