Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Caught Shoplifting, no police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I was under the impression that summons are delivered to you? Correct me if I'm wrong. I cannot think of any other reason why the court would call me that isn't related to this incident. Are there any plausible reasons why they would? And do I need representation to request an acd/diversion option (first run in with the law- not even a traffic violation)?

Your putting the cart in front of the horse. Call find out what they want as MM said you ask the questions you answer none!

I've been calling the court for a few days now but keep missing them because I take classes all morning and all day (I've been checking the court system online but my name has yet to pop up). I did call the retailer's LP office, however, since I signed a few papers and didn't read through them beforehand. One I signed for a civil demand and the second was to ensure I don't enter the store again. The man who spoke to me on the phone said I should be expecting that civil demand but that if the cops didn't cite me (they weren't called at the time of my detainment) then the civil demand should be it. Should I take his word for it or should I expect criminal charges? I don't know if it was smart to call the LP office but the court calling me really made me worried. Any insight would be appreciated!

We really don't know for sure what you should expect without you calling the court & finding out.

You've already been told what to expect. Wait for the letter and pay what it requests. Once you do so it will take the steam out of any potential criminal action.
Expect to pay at least a few hundred dollars.
If you don't pay then they MIGHT seek prosecution.

OP- there is no way for us to know though what you can expect as to why the court called you. You will have to call the court & find out as we suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back