Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Caught patrozing a prostitue

Status
Not open for further replies.

trubd

Recently I got caught patronizng a prostitue. THe chagres were dropped to a misd. I have a few questions on this. Will my current employer see this? Will my future employer see this in the background check? How can i expunge out form my recond. This is NYC,NY

trubd said:
Recently I got caught patronizng a prostitue. THe chagres were dropped to a misd. I have a few questions on this. Will my current employer see this? Will my future employer see this in the background check? How can i expunge out form my recond. This is NYC,NY
I'm sorry to hear about your problem. My understanding is that you cannot erase or 'expunge' criminal record information in New York State. If you have a misdemeanor or felony conviction, it cannot be sealed, but you can apply for a certificate of rehabilitation. Such a certificate restores some of the rights you may have lost as a result of your conviction (such as serving on a jury.) You can seal most convictions for violations. How does the certificate help you in addition to the above? If you have a certificate of rehabilitation then an employer or licensing agency must assume that you are "rehabilitated" and cannot be rejected for employment or refused a license because of your conviction unless your conviction has a direct bearing on your ability to perform the job. Your employer should not see this conviction unless your employer specifically asks for this information (or the agency.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back