Catering customer refusing to pay

P

pizzakyle

Jurisdiction
South Dakota
Catering in South Dakota

This is going to be a little long and am sorry for that. I just want to be thorough.
I own and operate a pizza catering company. I booked a wedding and sent a contract for the wedding to the customer. On the contract it stated that I would bring enough to make 80 pizzas. After talking to the customer a month or 2 before the wedding she told me to bring 115 pizzas just in case since she wanted to be sure everyone was fed.
Then a couple weeks later the customer told me to bring even more.
The day of the event came and I ended up making 130 pizzas. After billing the customer they will not pay for anything over 80 because that was all I was contracted to bring. I have none of the past correspondents in writing about bringing extra but did make note of it on the contact when we spoke.
I have myself, my wife, and an employee that were all there at the event making the pizza and know for a fact we made that much pizza.
Would I have a case for small claims court or is this just something I have to eat and learn a lesson from.
I have been in business for 5 years and have done 100s of events and never been accused of anything like this.
The customer claims that most tables didn't even get 3 pizzas. When each table had at least 5 pizzas most had 8. They are also claiming that the servers said we didn't make that many. Which is crazy because we only made the pizzas the servers told us to. The servers were employed by her, not us.
Is it worth pursuing in small claims if I can't get them to pay it or does it sound hopeless?
Any help or advice would be great.
Thank you.

You must choose whether you sue, or let it go.
Statistically fewer than 5 % of small claim litigants collect a dolar against their judgments nationwide.
However, government always gets paid for administering small claims courts nationwide.
I hope you see the pattern, mate.

Back