1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Case or No Case?

Discussion in 'Small Claims & Municipal Court' started by uspsmom, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uspsmom

uspsmom Law Topic Starter New Member

My home is only 10 years old. Four years after it was built I started losing shingles. My builder claimed it was the manufacturers fault, but the manufacturer said the shingles were installed incorrectly. I continued to lose shingles for the next 6 years and finally this year when I lost them I recieved interior damage. I want to sue my contractor for improper installation. I had 3 different roofers give me estimates and they all concurred with the manufacturer saying the shingles were installed wrong. They also said that unless I replaced my entire roof i would continue to have problems. It cost me almost $10,000 to replace my roof and another $2700 for the interior damage I recieved. I think the builder should shoulder some of cost. Do I have a shot in court to win? Someone tell me please. I have documentation from the shingle manufacturer and roofers stating the shingles were installed wrong.