Repairs, Maintenance Case for Landlord neglect

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurse1136

I had an injury @ a home I rent. I notified my landlord of this injury the day after it happened. The injury was caused by a problem that was never fixed. I missed work, have shortened hours and have to suffer daily and not been able to do the things I normally do. Can I sue my landlord? If we can, can that cause an eviction? My landlord has since fixed the problem that caused my injury but says that he is not liable or responsible.

Your landlord's liability greatly depends on the type of repair you are speaking of and whether or not you ever properly notified the landlord. Your lease likely covers how to make proper notification, and it usually states that notification should be done in writing.

How long did this unsafe condition exist before your injury?

No, suing the landlord will not cause an eviction, but it will surely sour the relationship.

If you can not come to terms with the landlord regarding compensation then you could consult with a local personal injury attorney to see what your options may be... you will need to answer more questions before anyone could say very much about the landlord's potential liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back