Carr Fire victim

Trista Gale

Jurisdiction
California
My family lost our home during the Carr Fire in Late July 2018. Which was declared a national disaster area. While returning to our property which we own, I found people living on our property in a fifth wheel. We have no idea what to do. To make them leave our property.

Our address is: REDACTED ADDRESS to protect your privacy!

Wild out there last Thursday afternoon the workers cleaning up the debris of burn down properties was out there along with Cal OSHA I spoke with cal-osha about the squatters on the land and they had mentioned that it was a federal offense to the fact that it was declared a national disaster area. But not only that I noticed that some of our belongings that made it through the fire where in and around where they were living on my property so they're stealing what belongings we do have left. So our question to you is what rights do we have to make sure that they are removed from our property in a timely manner ?because we are being fined every day that the workers are not on our property cleaning it up. And they refused to go onto the property when somebody is living on it.

So what is it that I need to do to remove them?

And what rights do they have to stay on the property?

Attachments

• 20181030_151821.jpg
    20181030_151821.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
So our question to you is what rights do we have to make sure that they are removed from our property in a timely manner ?

You report any thefts you observe or suspect to the police or sheriff.

Don't wait to report the thefts, do it TONIGHT!

Unfortunately you'll have to file for an eviction through the courts to have the squatters removed.

When you report the thefts, the police/sheriff could arrest the perpetrators, and that might ELIMINATE the need for you to evict the bums.

The police might seize their "squattermobile" and that will further assist in getting them off your land forthwith.

And what rights do they have to stay on the property?

You'll know shortly after you report their crimes to police what rights the squatters possess.

If things go well, the best answer is NONE, because they'll be gone.

I found people living on our property in a fifth wheel.

You found people living in a wheel? How big is this wheel?!

So our question to you is what rights do we have to make sure that they are removed from our property in a timely manner ?

Not really sure I understand the question. You're obviously free to contact the police about these trespassers.

what rights do they have to stay on the property?

Nothing in your post suggests they have any such rights.

Back