cardsfan57

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardsfan57

Iwas injured on the job. because of repetitive motion I ended up tearing my rotator cuff in my left shoulder.Iwent thru all the rehab,and finally surgery and more rehab. My employer paid for all of it including my partial wage while I was off work. When I went back to work I was not able to go back to all of my same jobs I had worked before, because of the injury. I have recieved no settlement and WC refused to pay the difference in my pay from working both my jobs to only working one of them. How long should I wait for a settlement offer and should they have to pay the difference? I have since left that employer of 13 years( on good terms) for a different job. Will this make a difference? A response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You aren't eligible for a settlement just because you had an occupational injury. If you are left with any permanent partial disability due to your injury (e.g. restricted motion of your shoulder) after you reach end of healing, then you will be entitled to a PPD settlement. Only a doctor can determine when you have reached end of healing. Leaving for a different job will make no difference.

Sorry - I can't comment on the TTD benefits you were paid. There's not enough information to offer an opinion. You can always contact the WC carrier and ask them to explain it to you. These matters are very clearly defined in each State's WC regulations so it's extremely likely that whatever occurred regarding your compensation was lawful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back