Car with insurance and driver with no DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

renene7573

My jurisdiction is: King County

My boyfriend borrowed my car which is insured. However, he has no DL. He got into a minor car accident which left no damage to my car but some scratches to the other. He told the other driver that he had borrowed the car and had no drivers license. There was no police or report. The other driver did not take my insurance information. All he had was the license plate number. My boyfriend spoke to the man and offered to pay the body shop for the damages. He asked to have cash which exceeded the amount of the damage. My boyfriend was uncomfortable and insisted that he would rather pay the body shop directly since he wanted to use his credit card. The guy said he'd get back to him and hasn't heard from him since. A few weeks later we each received a letter from his insurance company regarding the accident. I'm only assuming he got my info since I'm the registered owner of the vehicle. Is there anything that he can do against me since I was not there and he didn't get any of my insurance info and no police report?

Yes, he can go after your insurance to compensate him for damages to his vehicle. Regardless of whether or not you were there, you are still the owner/insured of the vehicle and that's how they found your insurance information. I'm assuming he's not injured since the property damage was very minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back