Car was towed for public street

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryeagle

There were about ten cars randomly towed from a street in Rosco Il. The police said it was justified since they were called to the area because of report of a party.
The car was there less that two hours and parked off the side of the road. They stated code 7704 Roadway obstruction
seems to indicate that there needs to be a notice given.
Is there anything I can do? I know it is small dollars but it really is the principle.
If it is a case would they be responsible for any legal cost?
Thanks for your help..
Peter Hughes

Last edited:
There were about ten cars randomly towed from a street in Rosco Il. The police said it was justified since they were called to the area because of report of a party.
The car was there less that two hours and parked off the side of the road. They stated code 7704 Roadway obstruction
seems to indicate that there needs to be a notice given.
Is there anything I can do? I know it is small dollars but it really is the principle.
If it is a case would they be responsible for any legal cost?
Thanks for your help..
Peter Hughes

It is almost impossible to sue the sovereign.

Who do you plan to sue, the city?

It would be a waste of your time.

If you sue them, you pay your legal costs.

If you lose, they could end up getting an order to make you pay theirs.

If there was a roadway obstruction... meaning if the vehiclewas even the least bit on the pavement... it is unlikely that any notice was required. You should look up the language of the code they cited as their reason for the tow- that should tell you if you have any argument to make.
If you have a good argument to make, a well placed compaint to the agency that authorized the tow might get it taken care of.
I suspect you were not in a situation where any notice was required, and you are likely out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back