Car Trouble!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadwithcfaith87

My brother recently turned 18 and bought his first car. The seller, in my opinion, took advantage of my brother because the following reasons.
1) First he lied about how much miles the car had.
- My brother was very excited and anxious to get a car. He did not think to actually look at the actual mileage. Yes this was a huge mistake that my brother did, but the seller probably new he wouldn't look in the first place. The seller had said that there was 92 thousand miles on the car, when really there was 122 thousand miles.
2) Next, the seller took money from him as a "down payment"
- He had told my brother that the car was his daughters and that he didn't have the title when my brother drove to his house to pick it up. The seller then said that Adam, my brother, would need to give him 500 then, and then the seller would bring it to Adam later. Adam then did that. He then brought the car later.
3) Next, the seller had Adam sign a paper saying that the seller would not be responsible if the car needed repairs, probably knowing that it would break.
- The seller told Adam that the engine was newly built and that the car would last. Unfortunetly it broke six days later.

Adam paid $3,700 for a 94' Mazda 626
Can he do anything about this? Are there any laws that were bent or broken??? I need legal advice because he probably won't be able to buy another car for a while, or even fix this one!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back