car title

Denise2005

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hi, I am not sure if I am posting this situation in the right category however the main subject does have to do with a car title.
To make a long story short I know someone who bought a cash car with his own money and put it in his girlfriend (at the time)name for various reasons. The car has always been in his possession but he brought it for himself. It has come to the point where he wants and need the title to be in his name however the issue that has a raised is the now ex girlfriend does not want to hand it over(pretty much holding it for ransom) he has offered to buy it from her but she want sell it to her. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this as a legal matter

Hi, I am not sure if I am posting this situation in the right category however the main subject does have to do with a car title.
To make a long story short I know someone who bought a cash car with his own money and put it in his girlfriend (at the time)name for various reasons. The car has always been in his possession but he brought it for himself. It has come to the point where he wants and need the title to be in his name however the issue that has a raised is the now ex girlfriend does not want to hand it over(pretty much holding it for ransom) he has offered to buy it from her but she want sell it to her. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this as a legal matter

I wish I had a buck for every time I've read this story on legal website. I'd have enough money to spend the rest of my life in Aruba, sipping Mai Tais on the beach, with pretty island girls at my beck and call.

Bottom line. It's her car, she owns it. He's screwed. He can either pay thousands to litigate with no guarantee of success or he can just bite the bullet and pay her whatever she wants or go park the car at her house and get a ride home.

I know, I really wish this type of common sense stuff was taught in school.
Or if people would come here or similar places and ask BEFORE they get into these messes.

I know, I really wish this type of common sense stuff was taught in school.

Trouble is, we ignored all those don'ts that our parents and teachers did try to teach us. I made my own share of stupid mistakes way back when and I'm sure anybody else reading this would have to admit to that, even if it was only to themselves. :D

Or if people would come here or similar places and ask BEFORE they get into these messes.

That's rare, but it does happen. Maybe once in every few hundred posts someone asks for advice ahead of doing something.

adjusterJ and txls, you both make great points.

One could also deduce that when you sow chicanery, to avoid the penalty of your misdeeds, you reap the fruit of the seed you've sown.

The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men (and women). The Shadow knows.

Love that show, takes me back many moons.

When I have occasion to take a road trip, I look forward to a few episodes on the Sirius' "Old Time Radio" channel.

I can also get that show (and a bunch of other great oldies) on my smartphone using my "TuneIn Radio Pro" app, as well as live, hot, exciting, thrilling, chilling real life police call action!

To make a long story short I know someone who bought a cash car with his own money and put it in his girlfriend (at the time)name for various reasons.

I don't know what the various reasons were as to why he put it in her name but if her name is on the title, it is her car.

I can think of two.

Scamming an insurance company if he's got a bad record or is a youthful operator.

Scamming a lender if he's got bad credit.

Regardless as to original reason that induced the MOPE to allow the GENIUS to title the car in the MOPE's name, the MOPE wises up sooner or later.

It's at that moment the tables are turned.

That's the moment the prey turns on the predator, the hunter gets slaughtered by the hunted.

I do love ironic (even sardonic) plot twists, indeed I does. LOL

Back