Car title in my name

Status
Not open for further replies.

urfriend1st

Hi, my name is Charles and here is my dilemma. A so called friend, for some reason could not get a car in his name and I imagine it was because he couldn't get tags for it himself. Anyway, 2 wks later I signed the back of the title and he said he was going to take care of the rest. Well, he didn't and got into a wreck and because it was in my name, my Ohio driver's license were suspended. I had moved to Florida October 1st, 2010(where BTW, I obtained a Florida CDL, how can I be driving under suspension when I have a legal Florida license?) and knew nothing about the accident he had on Sept.10, 2010. I come back to Ohio, a Columbus cop ran my plates, and had my car towed away because of no financial responsibility. He didn't even give me the opportunity to call someone to drive it home for me. This is "my" car I am speaking of now, an 88 DeVille. The one that I signed for the guy was an 86 Honda, which was totaled in the accident. My DeVille has been sitting in the Impound lot since May 2, 2011 at 18.00 a day. What can I do to get out of paying those storage fees and completely exonerated of this whole thing?

Thank You and I apologize for the length of my thread

Last edited:
You can do nothing to avoid paying the fees, unless you steal back your car. I do not advise or recommend that foolish choice to you.

You owe about $600 (so far) in lot fees.

That about exceeds the value of a 23 year old car.

I'd forget the car, if I were you.

You've got bigger problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back