Consumer Fraud Car Show Scam

LiWei

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hello I sorry for English not my mother language. My younger brother (18 years) get job working marketing for car show in Austin, Texas. He live in China. He have no experience internet marketing. Company first payment arrive to him for $20,000 USD. It make no sense to my mother father and I. We worried he involve in scam fraud. He say he break no law but if company is scam can my brother be in jail?

Let me guess. He is supposed to cash that $20,000 check and send money back to someone else?

No he get $20,000 month salary. My brother is good brother but he not have the skill to have job. He get paid in cryptocurrency Monero. We not understand his role and the company. My brother study in Europe next year and we very worried he be arrested if he leave China.

FENTANYL

Car show traffick drug FENTANYL? How I find out? I must tell my mother father

The car show is probably a front (or cover) to traffic the drugs.

You need to ask your brother what his duties are with the car show.

By the way, DONK isn't a car show, it is a type of car exhibited.

Ask him for the EXACT name of the alleged employer, how he gets paid, his duties, and who is his contact or boss on this JOB.

The car show is probably a front (or cover) to traffic the drugs.

You need to ask your brother what his duties are with the car show.

By the way, DONK isn't a car show, it is a type of car exhibited.

Ask him for the EXACT name of the alleged employer, how he gets paid, his duties, and who is his contact or boss on this JOB.

Name is "Donk Contest car show in Austin, Texas." That I know. I see email from boss in United States of America. He paid in cryptocurrency at end of month. Job is "internet marketing" I ask him for duties.

Car show traffick drug FENTANYL? How I find out? I must tell my mother father

I don't think this has anything to do with drugs.

The Donk Show is legit but there were recent issues with one of the promoters involved with cryptocurrency.

Read the following article:

https://jalopnik.com/how-an-alleged-cryptocurrency-scam-put-a-texas-car-show-1822350786

The best thing for your brother to do is divest himself of any relationship with whoever hired him, and not accept the $20,000 or any other remittance in the future. Close his account and avoid any future contact.

The best thing for your brother to do is divest himself of any relationship with whoever hired him, and not accept the $20,000 or any other remittance in the future. Close his account and avoid any future contact.

Thank you. We talk to my brother. He say it not a scam. Many wealthy Chinese factory owner invest in company. It make no sense again but we talk to his boss. Lot of foreigner invest in this car show so they have lot of money.

Thank you. We talk to my brother. He say it not a scam. Many wealthy Chinese factory owner invest in company. It make no sense again but we talk to his boss. Lot of foreigner invest in this car show so they have lot of money.

I'm still betting scam.

Your brother, who has no skills for the job, is now getting a $20,000 monthly salary?

SCAM

We video talk black man car show owner. Man show us bank account from investors. We talk to workers in America. Workers very happy. They paid lot of money for work. I do not believe scam now.

We video talk black man car show owner. Man show us bank account from investors. We talk to workers in America. Workers very happy. They paid lot of money for work. I do not believe scam now.

You (or, your brother, or whoever) are being tricked and will lose money. These scammers are way more sophisticated in these matters than you are.

The fact that they spent that much time making you and your brother beleive it is such a great deal is exactly the reason we think it is a scam.

That and the fact that unskilled and uneducated 18-year-olds don't get paid $20,000 per month in Bitcoin for doing legal things.

But the OP's brother has no ski.......ohhhhhhhhh

That dude has zero skills, too.
In fact, he was drummed out of the Navy for using cocaine.
He was, at one time, a naval Lieutenant.
His daddy is a former VP, often referred to as "creepy Joe", "Joe30330", or "sleepy Joe".
I wonder if that had anything to do with "dude" making all that REAL coin?

Back