Car Repossesion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfloy1

My Profile
kfloy1 is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Car Repossesion
Good Morning,
In 2005 I gave back a mini van to my lender. I couldn't afford the payments. I got a letter from a collection agency stating that I owed 12,000 and wanted me to pay the full amount. I told them I couldn't and they agreed to set up a payment plan with me. I paid them faithfully every month for over a year. I got a statement every month showing how much I owe. I had gotten it down to under 9,000. In February of 2007 I received a call from another agency who said that they had my account now and that I owed 12,000. I explained what I was doing with the other agency and they said that since World Omni changed agencies my balance goes back to 12,000. I was only paying interest according to them. They also said that it was moved due to me not making timely payments. I called the first agency and the guy I spoke to said that he didn't know why it was pulled but that I was on time and I owed around 9,000. I told the second agency that I wanted in writing what I owed and how they came to that amount. They refused and said that I had to pay all or nothing. There would be no payment arrangements. They offered a half settlement but I still couldn't afford that. I told them I had no choice but to say no. The third collection agency called me recently and ask if I was going to pay my account. I told them I didn't have the money and I felt I had paid more then enough on my account. They said they needed a simple yes or no and when I said no they hung up. I wanted to see what rights do I have and what can be done. I feel I have paid more than double for that car. Originally it was a lease but I had put too many miles on it so I couldn't give it back without paying a fortune. I didn't keep my invoices from the first agency so I don't have proof that I paid. I know now to keep everything I don't know what is going to happen now and I can't afford to pay for this car. I don't own a house and I have one car. I have nothing for them to take except my wages. I live paycheck to paycheck and have 4 kids, I can't afford my wages to be garnished. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
kfloy1 is online now Add to kfloy1's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back