Consumer Law, Warranties Car Refinance contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

magareb

Hi guys...I am having my car refinanced and I am just unfamiliar with certain terms. I will not put the whole contract in just the part that I have a problem...in small talk can someone tell how they interpret it:

Said attorney-in-fact is authorized by this power-of-attorney to apply for original or replacement certificates of title, to
transfer title to said motor vehicle and to perform on behalf of said owner in furtherance thereof any act or thing whosoever
concerning such motor vehicle in every respect as the owner could do were he personally present at this doing thereof.
This power-of-attorney revokes all earlier powers-of-attorney and shall be in full force and effect until written revocation is
received by the Commissioner but in no event shall this power-of-attorney be valid beyond six (6) months from the date of
its execution.

The undersigned owner further certifies that this power-of-attorney be valid beyond six (6) months from the date of its
execution.
Signed this _____ day of __________________, ____________ .
_______________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Shoulds anyone need to have P.O.A for up to six months?
Should anyone need to have P.O.A for mor than months?

Basically what it states is that the person holding the power of attoney can do anything that the actual owner can but it is good for only six months. After that time, the person with the POA cannot do anything further. Only the owner of the vehicle can say whether the POA is needed for six-months and yes some POA's are for longer periods of time. If the owner wants a shorter POA they should be able to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back