Car manufacture repurchase warranty breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulverizer

Hello Im gonna try and cram as much info as I can without writing a book...lol

I bought a new vehicle in 2007 and have an intermit problem with antifreeze vapors coming out of the heater vents. I tried taking the car back the following business day and was denied. This antifreeze problem ultimately has caused a faulty heater now as well. I have 0 heat and any mechanic I speak with about it says it is 99.99 related.

I have taken the vehicle in for the same nonconformity (antifreeze smell) 4 times in a 6 month period. That is well within the manufacture warranty. I Made many visits on top of the 4 repair attempts but was refused by the dealer cause they are unable to find the issue. I have this documented in a detailed diary.

The problem is I only have 2 solid dealer stated work orders for the same issue. I was refused 2 of the work orders because they said they didnt do a repair cause they cannot find my problem. They say this but they had the car all day for those attempts. The dealer is supposed to send me all the invoices but I dont trust they will cause that will provide the proof to hold them and or the manufacture liable under lemon law.

I also have a 5th documented repair attemt (antifreeze/no heater) as of recent but it is out of the lemon law period for 3 repair attempts in my state in the 1st year. Although I am still under an extended service agreement backed by the same manufacture.

I know for a fact that it was in 4 times in during the manufacture express warranty but will my detailed notes be enough to prove it.

I also have the general manager on tape admitting that this manufacture is always stiffing them with waranty work...and how they do not support warranty work most of the time. He said this is why he is not a dealer for them any longer. He admitts on tape that his dealership and the manufacture is responsible. He admitts that they should of dug deeper to find the problem......

I also as of late sent 4 letters to the manufacture..attention to conformity, refusal of their regional rep to help me get the car fixed, letter of request for them to repurchase, and finaly a letter to ask what they feel is a fair final oppurtunity to repair? I have not gotten a response from them yet. They are ignoring my emails and letters.

On a contractual point the APR on the agreement is incorrect. It does not match any finace calculators i have found online. All these calculators show I am actually paying a higher apr than what is stated. The total of payments add up to the stated payment, but the apr is not right. When I bought the car I BLUNTLY told them I wouldnt buy the car if they didnt meet my apr I was set on. They put my apr on the contract but little stupid me didnt have a finace calculator handy to do all the math.

Any advice would be appreciated.......I know most will think get a lawyer, but in my area the lawyers just dont like doing this kind of work on a shifting fee. I will fight em myself if I have to.:mad:

What do u folks that have knowledge on these types of issues think about this?

Last edited:
Thanks Judge..I will be doing that. Unfortunately I have to follow a arbitration claus as well to seek remedy. Not sure if AG can help unless they consider it criminal until Im done with arbitration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back