car lot unable to get title

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlannom

I have purchased a car from a lot. This car was bought from a auction. I gave a down payment of 1500.00 and then in 30 days made a payment. He told me they papers for registration had not come in, he was having trouble getting title from auction. So now, 2 months later a payment is due and I told him I want to just get a different car. He will give me my down payment back and the one payment, but is also asking for the payment that is due now. Shouldnt I be starting over in a new loan? Am I required to make another payment on this car that I am giving him back?? To me, I should start over and in 30 days pay him for the new loan.

You are right he is wrong-- he sould undo everything and start new-- if he does not want to do this tell him you want all your $$ back he can have the car and you will go elsewhere-- usually a car dealer has 45 days to produce a title or the deal can be unwound by the buyer. if you have any troubles contact your local Department of Motor Vehicle devision

Im no attorney. But this clearly sounds like a little bait-and-switchy to me. Details should always be able to be found within your paperwork signed for the agreement. If he is agreeing to refund your money for the car in return - great! I knew a few people over time in my life that got burned through auctions - only because they didn't know to ask for the title on receipt of the vehicle. If the title is lost - there is a process you can go through (even on your own) to have a replacement made. This will probably involve a few signatures by the individuals that sold the car as well as a notary. But, I THINK this has been done in the past - a pain I'm sure - this is why I choose to stear clear of them. Good Luck...
Besides - I just read thresagills' reply - and it sounds even better...good luck again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back