Car Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitetea1

A few keys won't work so this may look like strange typing. This is a bit of a unique situation. My fiance and I purchased a car from our neighbor, or so we thought we did. The guy was the head mechanic at a respected luxury car dealership for nearly 20 years. He came home with a car that had been a "trade in" and told us he bought it, fixed it up and was selling it. We decided to buy it, and he let us make payments. He let us use the car while paying on it at first, but then asked for it back in case we damaged it, so we stopped using it. He took it back to the dealership and told us that he was doing a few last minute things to it. No sooner had we made our last payment totalling 3k, we started getting the run around about obtaining the title. Our mistake is that we didn't get a receipt.

Later we heard from someone that the car was not his, but was still the dealerships. The reason he asked for it back was because he had taken it off the lot without permission and they reported it stolen. He quickly put it back on the lot befor they noticed, and that is why he wanted it back from us. To get the truth, my fiance went to the dealership to straighten it out. It turns out that they did report it stolen and had no idea that it was back on the lot. My fiance walked them right to it and pointed out a few of our belongings inside. WE HAD THE KEYS! obiously someone sold it to us or how would we get them? We explained what the mechanic did, and they ended up firing him, but said they'd work something out with us because we still wanted the car. They had to "figure some numbers".

Its been 2 1/2 weeks and no one has returned our 7 messages, and I don't know what to do. I feel I proof of good doumentation of my kase. Many people seen me driing the thing around! I hae the affidait and claim and am ready to start the process, but am unsure who to go after. The mechanic beause he was the one who we handed the money to? Or the dealership beause it belonged to them and the guy was their employee? Would the dealership be responsible if an employee of theirs tried to fraudulantly sell to us? Who should I seek a judgment from? Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back