Car Dealership purchase agreement

Roland Godoy

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
I recently purchase a car and completed the purchase with finance, made a down payment and completed the deal. I brought home the paperworks and I scheduled the pickup the next morning. The day of the pickup came and it turned out the the convertible top was malfunctioning so I left the car again so they can fix it. The dealership called and saying that they will be incurring a loss if they will have them fix it and might be backing out of the deal. What is my legal right to get back at the dealership if this deal will not get through? I really want the car but do they have the legal right to do this to the consumer? I'm willing to fight them with this. Do I have a chance? Pleas advise.

What is my legal right to get back at the dealership if this deal will not get through?

Your contractual rights will be revealed to you IF you read the contract and other documents associated with the potential purchase.

I really want the car but do they have the legal right to do this to the consumer?

the contractual rights of the seller and the buyer are disclosed in the contract and other associated documents you possess.

To answer your questions, one would first need to read ALL of the documents.

I suggest you sit down in a quiet place and start reading.

Generally speaking MOST car sales aren't final until all paper work has been signed, and the keys and title exchange hands.

There are generally a myriad of exceptions and each sale is different!

I'm willing to fight them with this. Do I have a chance?

Anyone can sue anyone he or she can have served.

That said, a wolf and his pack have no fear of a rabbit and his warren.

Did you buy the car "as is" or with a warranty?
Your contractual rights will be revealed to you IF you read the contract and other documents associated with the potential purchase.

the contractual rights of the seller and the buyer are disclosed in the contract and other associated documents you possess.

To answer your questions, one would first need to read ALL of the documents.

I suggest you sit down in a quiet place and start reading.

Generally speaking MOST car sales aren't final until all paper work has been signed, and the keys and title exchange hands.

There are generally a myriad of exceptions and each sale is different!

Anyone can sue anyone he or she can have served.

That said, a wolf and his pack have no fear of a rabbit and his warren.

As is but we agreed upon everything about the car until they detailed and something happened.

I know what that means. It means you have no warranty.

we agreed upon everything about the car until they detailed and something happened.

I don't know what that means but if the dealer is willing to cancel the deal and give you your money back if you don't want to pay for the repairs, then the dealer is likely within his right to make you that offer.

How much does it cost to repair the top?

The dealer usually does have ways to cancel the contract for specific reasons within a specific period of time.
You never actually took delivery of the vehicle, so in that regard the deal wasn't quite complete.
If you got your money back you have no loss. There isn't anything to pursue here.

Back