Car dealership is messing up my credit by not paying off my trade in

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1971

My name is Mark, The problem i am having is the car dealership told me on november 2nd that there would not be a prlblem financing my new car. It has been 6 weeks now and the loan office from the trade in keeps calling me for a payment. They have had to put a late payment on my credit history because the dealership has not payed them yet. My loan office said they called them and promised a payoff by them by the 19th of december but still have not payed it off. When i call they tell me to leave a message and i do but they still do not get back with me. I have called several times with no response.Now the dealership told my loan office that they have me financed but at a higher interest rate. As i know this is called yo-yo financing and is illegal in North Carolina. So my questions are, Do i have a case against the dealership for hurting my credit? Is the contract voided now that it has been so long since it was signed? Do they have to stay with the original cantract because of the time frame?

You are responsible for payments on the old loan, not the dealer. You should have made your regular payment and had the dealer adjust the payoff.
It is not the 19th yet so you may have to wait a few more days for the dealership to pay it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back